An Act to Promote Green Infrastructure & Reduce Carbon Emissions (H2810)
- H2810 An Act to Promote Green Infrastructure and Reduce Carbon Emissions FACT SHEET
- How will H2810 impact low and moderate income people?
- Outline of H2810
- Household Impacts: How Might a Carbon Price Affect You? Overview of H2810 shows how the H2810 carbon fee would affect households of different sizes and income levels.
An Act for Next Generation Climate Policy (S-2477)
Senator Michael Barrett introduced S1927 (below) but later withdrew S1927 and worked with Senate President Karen Spilka and Senator Michael Rodrigues to introduce a more comprehensive bill, S2477. S2477 passed the Senate on January 30, 2020.
- Senate Bill S2477 and Links to Actions, Amendments
- Climate X-Change Senate Climate Bills: Overview, Summary and Context
Act Combating Climate Change (S1924)
Carbon Pricing in Massachusetts – Briefs
- The Facts on Climate Change and Carbon Pricing
- Moving to a Clean Energy Future for Massachusetts
- Carbon Pollution Pricing Flyer
Business Case for Carbon Pricing
- Business Case for Carbon Pricing in Massachusetts
- Business Leaders for Climate Action: Create a Clean Energy Future for Massachusetts
- Web Site: Business Leaders for Climate Action
Supporters of Carbon Pricing
- Prominent Political Leaders and Economists Who Support Carbon Fees or Taxes
- Massachusetts Democratic party endorsement of fair carbon pricing
- Carbon Tax Center Economists Letter, Nov. 28, 2015
- Business Leaders for Climate Action letter with businesses endorsing S1747
The British Columbia Success
- British Columbia Success — How to Adopt a Winning Carbon Price
Proof Positive — The Mechanics and Impacts of British Columbia’s Carbon Tax
- “The Shocking Truth about B.C.’s Carbon Tax: It Works,” by Ross Beaty, Richard Lipsey and Stewart Elgie, Toronto Globe and Mail, July 9, 2014.
- Learn more about BC
- Household Impacts of a Massachusetts Carbon Fee: Costs and Benefits to Households by Income Level
- Study: Air Quality and Health Co-Benefits of a Carbon Fee-and-Rebate Bill in Massachusetts
- Study: Air pollution causes 200,000 early deaths each year in the U.S.
- Dept. of Energy Resources Study: Analysis of Carbon Pricing in Massachusetts, 4 page summary, July 2015
- Analysis of a Carbon Fee or Tax as a Mechanism to Reduce GHG Emissions in Massachusetts, Principal Findings and Executive Summary, MA Department of Energy Resources, December 2014
- Analysis of a Carbon Fee or Tax as a Mechanism to Reduce GHG Emissions in Massachusetts, Complete Study, MA Department of Energy Resources, December 2014